What Bethel Provides
We welcome visitors and “seekers” to worship with us and to participate in activities at the church. If you are interested in church membership, please talk to our Pastor.
Sunday School is offered all year, with classes for pre-school through adults.
Learning opportunities abound at Bethel. From casual fellowship gatherings to formal classroom study, young and old alike are welcome and encouraged to join in. Listed below are some of the learning opportunities at Bethel:
- Adult Bible Study - Adult classes discussing both Biblical and social topics are scheduled through the year.
- Sunday School - Offered each Sunday for preschool through Senior High.
- Church Camp - Offered by the Missouri Mid-South Conference of the United Church of Christ, each summer youth and families may travel to Camp MO-VAL in Union, Missouri for a few days of outdoor fun and games.
Music is an active and meaningful part of the worship life at Bethel. There are opportunities for adults, youth and children to praise God through music.
- The Chancel Choir sings September through May. Choral cantatas are sung during the Christmas and Easter seasons.
- The Praise Musicians lead Contemporary songs throughout the year. Call the church office for rehearsal times.
- The Children and Adult Bell Choirs perform throughout the year. Musicians of all skill levels are welcomed.
- During the Christmas season, the Sunday School children present a program celebrating the birth of Jesus. Special presentations by children and youth are offered.
Some of these include:
- Blue Springs Terrace
- City Union Mission
- Clay County Clothes Closet
- Kansas City Hospice Northland
- Meals On Wheels
- Family Promise
- Festival of Sharing
- Northland Assistance Center
- UCC National Support:
- Strengthen the Church
- Neighbors in Need
- CROP Walk
- Support of our Global Ministries through One Great Hour of Sharing
- Fair Trade Products
- Bethel is host for the WIC program (Women, Infants and Children) the third Tuesday of each month.
- Bethel adopts a family from Hillcrest Ministries and Eastgate Middle School for Christmas.
- Bethel is a designated polling facility.
- Kidsfest is held in July offering school supplies, fun and education.
- Boy Scout Troop 707 and Cub Pack 707 meet at Bethel.
- Bethel hosts a Reiki therapy ministry, which meets on Monday evenings. Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands".
Not So Young Adults - "NSYA"
A mind-body healing therapy. Reiki is a gentle healing non-invasive, yet powerful energy that's wonderful used alone or in combination with conventional or holistic care. Whether you just want to relax or have a condition that needs attention, Reiki can prove to be a great asset to your care. Bethel's trained Reiki Practitioners meet on Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in the lower level of the church to perform Reiki on anyone desiring therapy.
Bethel Sew & Serve
The newly created Sew & Serve has been completing projects for Crittenden and Synergy House and would like you to be a part of their group. Some of the special projects include: receiving blankets, burp pads, bib sets, pillow cases, sheet sets, love bags, quilts, laundry bags. Also special fidget quilts have been made for a nursing home and the VA home in Cameron. If you have a project from a special organization that you would like to suggest, come on Wednesday mornings from around 9:30 am to 2 pm, bring your lunch and enjoy the fellowship of this fun mission-minded group. See you on Wednesdays!!
Prayer Shawl Ministry
This ministry is made up of individuals who knit or crochet shawls to be sent to people who would benefit from God's love wrapped around them. The shawls are blessed before they are sent to those needing God's touch.